- 1 spaghetti squash
- 3 tbsp of original date spread
- Spinach or kale
- Chicken, fish, beef, or tofu
- Vegetable toppings like mushrooms, broccoli, eggplant, or zucchini
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and bake in an oven on a sheet pan for ~ 40 minutes
- As the squash cooks, heat the spinach and vegetables in a skillet and prepare your protein of choice. Include all of the seasonings as desired: onion powder, garlic, and salt.
- When the spaghetti squash is done cooking, strip out all of the seeds.
- Separate the squash strands from the skin and throw out the skin.
- Add 3 tbsp of original date spread to the spaghetti squash and mix thoroughly
- Add 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast, mix thoroughly
- Add all of your seasoned vegetables and protein - you're done! The date spread really enhances the sweetness of the spaghetti squash. The nutritional yeast practically melts in it like cheese.
- Optional: Add tomato sauce. If you are not dairy free then parmesan would be great!